Athletics at hcs
At HCS, we believe that our athletic programs should, first and foremost, serve as an example of Christian sportsmanship. Our desire is to promote teamwork, excellence, and glorifying the Lord in all that we do.
Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. (1Corinthians 10:13).
In regards to sportsmanship, we feel that Philippians 1:27 applies here: "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ." In other words, as Christian athletes, our students are expected to exercise good judgment, and their actions and words should serve as their Christian witness. Parents likewise are encouraged to model these traits. Secondary students are able to participate in soccer, volleyball, basketball, cheerleading, and baseball.
Athletes at HCS are expected to:
- Always be on time for practice. This means in the gym or field, ready to go when practice starts.
- Notify the coach when missing or arriving late to a practice.
- Practices are not optional. Athletes are responsible for knowing the practice schedule.
- Athletes must communicate information between coach and parent in a timely manner.
- Players are representing Heritage Christian when on the court or on the field. They are expected to show a Christian attitude BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER competition.
- Players must treat officials, opposing players, teammates, and all other individuals with respect.